CAS Introduces the Ninth Edition of the Professional Standards for Higher Education
CAS is pleased to announce the release of the Ninth Edition of the CAS Professional Standards for Higher Education, which includes 13 sets of revised standards and updates to the General Standards for all 44 functional areas.The Council for the Advancement of Standards (CAS) is pleased to introduce the ninth edition of the CAS Professional Standards for Higher Education, scheduled for release this August. There are several noteworthy changes to the new edition, including updates and revisions to 12 sets of professional standards, and the standards for Master's Level Student Affairs Preparation Programs.
1. Master's Level Student Affairs Preparation Programs
2. Academic Advising Programs
3. Alcohol and Other Drug Programs*
4. Civic Engagement and Service-Learning Programs*
5. College Honor Societies and Programs*
6. Disability Resources and Services
7. Education Abroad Programs and Services
8. Financial Aid Programs
9. Housing and Residential Life Programs
10. Orientation Programs
11. Student Conduct Programs
12. Sexual Violence-Related Programs and Services*
13. Women and Gender Programs and Services*
* Indicates name change since last edition
In addition, all of the standards have been updated to reflect the new CAS General Standards.. The General Standards are nearly identical for each standard as they represent areas of practice that are essential regardless of functional area.
Forty-four revised Self-Assessment Guides (SAGs) are also being released with the ninth edition. The SAGs will be available as electronic downloads through CAS and via the Campus Labs Compliance Assist platform. Purchasing the complete set of SAGs also gives users access to a PowerPoint presentation about CAS, the assessment process, and how to conduct program review.
The CAS materials are now available for pre-ordering, and more information about purchasing the ninth edition of the Blue Book or Self-Assessment Guides can be found at www.cas.edu.
Please contact CAS executive director Marybeth Drechsler Sharp (email@example.com or 202.862.1400) with questions and media inquiries.