CAS will suspend sales of eighth edition materials on March 30, 2015
The CAS Professional Standards for Higher Education to be released in August 2015 contains several revised functional area standards and guidelines:
1. Masters Level Student Affairs Preparation Programs
2. Academic Advising Programs
3. Alcohol and Other Drug Programs
4. Civic Engagement and Service-Learning Programs
5. College Honor Societies
6. Disability Resources and Services
7. Education Abroad Programs and Services
8. Financial Aid Programs
9. Housing and Residential Life Programs
10. Orientation Programs
11. Student Conduct Programs
12. Sexual Violence Programs
13. Women and Gender Programs and Services
In addition, all of the standards will be updated to reflect the new CAS general standards.
Forty-four revised Self-Assessment Guides (SAGs) will also be released in August. The SAGs will be available as electronic downloads through CAS and via the Campus Labs Compliance Assist platform. Purchasing the complete set of SAGs also will give users access to an e-learning course about how to conduct self-assessment, a PowerPoint presentation about CAS and the assessment process, and links to the CAS website.
Mailings to student affairs, library, and institutional research officers at most every college or university will be made by CAS in early April and again in early September notifying them of the changes.
Contact CAS executive director Marybeth Drechsler Sharp (firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.862.1400) with questions and media inquiries.