CAS Standards respond to student needs, the requirements of sound pedagogy, and the effective management of 47 functional areas and 3 cross-functional areas. Individuals and institutions from over 40 CAS member organizations comprise a constituency of over 115,000 professionals. Representing a significant majority of higher education practitioners in student programs and services throughout the country and beyond, CAS provides tools to higher education leaders assessing institutional effectiveness, student learning, and outcomes.
On the 40th anniversary of our founding, CAS is pleased to announce the publication of the 10th Edition of CAS Professional Standards for Higher Education, a publication that has become a staple for higher education leaders and practitioners.
CAS Releases New Standards for Sustainability Programs and Case Management Services
CAS is excited to announce the release of two new sets of standards: Sustainability Programs, developed in partnership with experts from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE); and Case Management Services, developed in partnership with experts from the Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA).
CAS Releases New Cross-Functional Frameworks
CAS has recently released the first three Cross-Functional Frameworks. These initial frameworks include:
- the Cross-Functional Framework for Advancing Health and Well-Being and Self-Assessment Guide
- the Cross-Functional Framework for First-Year Experiences and Self-Assessment Guide
- the Cross-Functional Framework for Identifying and Responding to Behavioral Concerns and Self-Assessment Guide
- CAS Presidents, past and present, talk about 40 Years of CAS on The HigherEd Live podcast (2019)
- CAS President Gavin Henning launches assessment blog series (2017-2018)
- Check out Using the CAS Professional Standards: Divese Examples of Practice (2017)